Nigerian Duo Sidelined in Chifundo Charity cup

By: Lackson Kanyoza

Wanderers supporters will have to wait until Sunday to grace the services of two Nigerian players undergoing trials at the Nomads as the club have announced that the pair will not feature in tomorrow’s game against Bullets.

Opeyemi misses first game
Opeyemi misses first game

Wanderers and Bullets will tussle today in the inaugural Charity Shield cup at Civo stadium.

Striker Olasunkanmi Opeyemi and midfielder Bello Amos who arrived in the country on Wednesday trained with the Nomads for two days after they were recommended by former Nigerian star Jay Jay Okocha.

However, Wanderers Coach Jack Chamagwana recommended the pair but hinted that the duo will not be used in Chifundo shields opening game against Bullets.

“They are good players but we will not use them in our game against Bullets. They have just trained with the team for two days and we are still assessing them,” said Chamangwana.

Chamangwana then added that the duo will only feature during their friendly match against silver strikers on Sunday at Civo stadium.

Wanderers’ technical panel said the two players would be given a chance to prove their worth before they can be offered
contracts.

The Nomads have already signed Japanese star Genki Nakumura.

The jet in of the two Nigerian players comes after another foreign duo of James Olashipe and Cameroonian star Lionel Atsu who also tried their luck at the Lali Lubani road last season.

The Nomads have so far signed, Ernest Tambe, Rafik Namwela, Nenani Juwaya, Jimmy Zakazaka, Felix Zulu and Jaffalie Chande.

 

Comments

comments

2 Comments on Nigerian Duo Sidelined in Chifundo Charity cup

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*