President Peter Mutharika has made some changes to his cabinet Ministers demoting Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Minister George Chaponda and boot out Minister of Agriculture Dr Allan Chiyembekeza.
According to information made available to The Malawi Star, the Malawi leader has reshuffled the cabinet due to the power conferred upon him by section 94 (1) of Country’s Constitution.
The changes in the new 20 member Cabinet are effective from 7th April 2016.
In the new Cabinet, former Minister for Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare Patricia Kaliati has replaced Jappie Mhango as Minister of Information and Civic education who has been appointed as Minister of Home Affairs and Internal Security.
Mhango has taken the position of Jean Kalilani whom the President has appointed as Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social welfare.
Chaponda’s replacement is Francis Kasaila in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Mutharika has also promoted Malison Ndau who was Deputy Minister of Defence has been to a full cabinet minister heading the Transport and Public Works portfolio which was previously being run by Francis Kasaila who is now with Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ministry.
- President of the Republic of Malawi and Minister of Defence: His Excellency Prof. Arthur Peter Mutharika
2. Vice President of the Republic of Malawi: Right Honourable Dr. Saulos Klaus Chilima
3. Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development: Honourable Goodall Gondwe
4. Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development: Honourable Dr. George Chaponda, M.P.
5. Minister of Labour and Manpower Development: Honourable Henry Mussa, M.P.
6. Minister of Information and Civic Education: Honourable Patricia Kaliati, M.P.
7. Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare: Honourable Dr. Jean Kalilani, M.P.
8. Minister of Local Government and Rural Development: Honourable Kondwani Nankhumwa, M.P.
9. Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development: Honourable Atupele Muluzi, M.P.
10. Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation: Honourable Francis Kasaila, M.P.
11. Minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism: Honourable Joseph Mwanamvekha, M.P.
12. Minister of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining: Honourable Bright Msaka, SC
13. Minister of Justice and Constitutional Affairs: Honourable Samuel Tembenu, SC
14. Minister of Education, Science and Technology: Honourable Dr Emmanuel Fabiano, M.P.
15. Minister of Home Affairs and Internal Security: Honourable Jappie Mhango, M.P.
16. Minister of Sports and Culture: Honourable Grace Obama Chiumia, M.P.
17. Minister of Health: Honourable Dr Peter Kumpalume, M.P.
18. Minister of Transport and Public Works: Honourable Malison Ndau, M.P.
19. Deputy Minister of Education, Science and Technology: Honourable Vincent Ghambi, M.P.
20. Deputy Minister of Defence: Honourable Agrey Masi, M.P.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.