By: Andrew Cane Chilapondwa
It started like a rumor some weeks ago but Jafali Chande has made it official by signing for Big Bullets rivals Mighty Wanderers on Tuesday.
The lethal attacking midfielder refused to extend his stay at Bullets following the team’s failure to meet his K3 million signing on fee demands.
When contacted, Bullets vice General Secretary Kelvin Moyo said he wasn’t aware of the move but was quick to say the league champions will not keep a player against his wish.
“I will only comment on Saturday because we are waiting for the finance committee to submit their reports rergading player contracts but if he decide to leave, we will not keep him against his wish,” said Moyo.
It was earlier on reported that Bullets offered him a contract worth K1.5 million but Chande turned it down saying a player of his calibre deserved something better than what was on the table.
The former Epac FC captain was very instrumental for Bullets, scoring many goals in the top flight and many wondered why the team refused to offer the player a good contract.
Chande’s signing will come as a relief to Wanderers fans who lost Muhamad Sulumba to their rivals last month.
He is likely to start his first training with the Nomads on Wednesday morning as he has materialized his deal on Tuesday morning.
According to reports, Chande has signed a two year contract on a free transfer as his contract at Bullets expired last season.